Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What kind of finishes do you use?
AcromaPro: superb quality for an unrivalled finish. McPherson Cabinetry recognized the importance of applying the finest available coatings to cabinetry and millwork. Which is why we have selected AcromaPro premium wood coating products. AcromaPro lacquers, paints and stains are renowned for outstanding durability, a beautiful finish and environmental friendliness.
Q: What colour palette do you use for painting:
Our standard paint colours are from Benjamin Moore, we can match any Benjamin Moore colour for your painted cabinetry.
Q:What materials do you use in cabinets?
- Locally sourced materials: All of the materials used in our cabinets and doors are sourced here in the Pacific Northwest. That means no raw logs shipped from BC across the ocean to be processed and then shipped back as sheet goods. We work with Mills here in BC, as well as Washington State and Oregon, to supply you with a product that has the smallest environmental footprint possible.
- You have a choice of interiors: ranging from white melamine, woodgrain melamine, or Canadian-made pre-finished birch plywood for the cabinet interiors.
- Recycled Content: The interiors of our cabinets are made from 100% post-industrial recycled/recovered content. This means that material once considered “waste” is used to produce our high-quality thermally fused laminate interiors.
- No added Formaldehyde: Formaldehyde is an organic compound that exists naturally in the environment, our bodies and food. No added formaldehyde means that the resins used in our TFL board does not contain added formaldehyde and are CARB (California Air Resources Board) compliant.
- FSC Certified: FSC Certified forests are biodiverse, multi-layered, canopied forests, not single-species tree farms. They are self-sustaining, containing more wood today than they did over a hundred years ago. They are naturally healthy forests, growing trees only from sunshine, water and nutrients from fertile soil.
- CNC Technology: Here at McPherson Cabinetry we use panel optimization software and have a state of the art CNC nesting machine. This allows us to maximize the use of every sheet, significantly reducing wastes
Q: Where are your doors made:
Our Wood Doors are 100% Canadian Made; they are built in a state of the art facility in the Fraser Valley. Local wood suppliers are used where possible, and rare species can be imported by request. Our PVC doors are sourced from the lower mainland and our slab doors are made right here in our plant.
Q: Can I get glass or glass mullions in doors?
Glass frame and glass mullion doors are available. There are v-groove options for shaker panel doors, as well. Matching crown moulding and under cabinet valance is available in all colours and woodgrain.
Q: Will you do work at Nitnat Lake (or Mayne Island, or Campbell River or...)?
Yes, anywhere on the island or the Gulf Islands, but we have to consider travel time in our pricing.
Q: Do you reface?
No we do not. Most of the time it is cheaper to replace cabinets all together then reface. Refacing is a labour of love that takes a lot of time and sometimes the construction of cabinets doesn't allow for refacing.
Q: Can you give me a rough price?
There are so many different factors that impact the price, materials, door style, size of the kitchen, just to name a few. However, we will custom quote your kitchen for you.
Q: What is the difference between quartz and granite?
Here are a couple of key differences, but there are many more. Both are natural products; granite is mined as a single slab and therefore is totally unique and no two sheets are alike. Quartz is an amply available mineral, that is crushed and mixed with a resin and colour, therefore providing a greater variety of colour, patterns & consistency. Granite is naturally absorbent, therefore requiring sealing approximately once a year to prevent staining or accumulation of bacteria. Quartz comes sealed and doesn’t require maintenance, so it remains stain and bacteria free